Scoliosis is a progressive lateral (sideways) curvature of the spine.
Kyphosis is the term used to describe the front to back curve of the spine which causes a ‘hunching’ / forward bending.
Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis is a 3D deformity of the spine causing sideways bending and rotation of the spine. It is often detected in early adolescence as the child starts their major growth spurt.
If Scoliosis is detected early enough, there is greater scope for treatment.
About Gold Coast Scoliosis Clinic
Gold Coast Scoliosis Clinic was established in 2017 after identifying the need for a clinic on the Gold Coast dedicated to non-surgical management of Scoliosis. We are a ScoliCare affiliate clinic and work closely with the Sydney Scoliosis Clinic, the leaders in non-surgical Scoliosis treatment and management. We pride ourselves on providing the latest 3D technology in Scoliosis scanning and bracing whilst following the internationally recognised Society on Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT) guidelines for the conservative management of Scoliosis.
Why work with us to diagnose and treat your Scoliosis?
- Gold Coast Scoliosis Clinic offers a comprehensive approach to your Scoliosis needs from screenings and detection to exercises and bracing.
- Our approach to Scoliosis care is in line with the SOSORT guidelines and is evidence-based.
- You will be welcomed in a warm and caring environment putting you at ease throughout the process. No harsh hospital environments.
- Experienced practitioners are dedicated to educating you about your Scoliosis options. We will work closely with you and your therapist (medical doctor / physiotherapist / chiropractor) for the best results. If necessary, we will provide you with a referral to a Scoliosis surgeon if we can’t help you.
- State of the art 3D full body laser scanning combined with photographs and computer aided design allows the ScoliCare team to design and build individual custom braces specific to each patient for the best outcomes.
We provide you with all the information and support that you require to make your journey as stress free and enjoyable as possible. Give us a call and let us answer your questions for you.
Gold Coast Scoliosis Clinic is COVID-Safe
If you have flu-like symptoms, including a fever, cough, headache, sore throat or shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, or are a close contact of a COVID-19 positive case or are currently awaiting test results, please contact us by phone prior to making a booking or visiting our clinic.